Homepage

Monday, October 13, 2014

Creative Blog Hop

My friend Susan Carol invited me to participate in a Blog Hop with a Difference.
It's a little different from your normal blog hop.  All we have to do is answer four questions.  She posted her Blog Hop with a Difference last Monday, October 6th. Susan is a strong Christian whose art journaling, and all of her projects are focused on her faith.    Her blog is called Faith Words Faith Expressions.

1. What are you working on at the moment?
I have been participating in a five week online art journaling course called Kingdom Come by Shonna Bucaroff.   We are on the final week of the series.  I am working on my last project, which is called Love God, Love People.   I'm also participating in a few challenges.  I am on the design team for Scrapping Everyday Miracles (it's not just scrapbooking - it can be any kind of project that relates to the monthly theme...art journaling, canvas, mixed media, cards, etc.)
Here are acouple of projects that I've recently worked on:
This month's Scripture Theme at SEM is Matthew 11:28
I made this canvas project:
  Last week's lesson for Kingdom Come was called "I Exalt Thee"
Here is my project for that:
Here's a card I made for fun:
 
2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I'm not really sure that it does.  I do try to do a lot of spiritual creations.  But I also like to make fun things, cute things.  Since I began art journaling I have started getting quite messy...which is different for me, but I am enjoying it a lot.
3. Why do you create?
I have always loved creating things. From sewing garments, crocheting, wood burning, making greeting cards, or scrapbooking.  I love working on Canvas, and I have just recently gotten into Art Journaling, and I love it!  I also have been doing some Mixed Media, which I also really like.  Creating is very relaxing to me, calming.  I create because it gives me such a pleasure to create something out of nothing.  One of the things I do for "me".
4. How does your creative process work?
A lot of different ways. Sometimes I will see a stamp or read something that gets my creative juices flowing. In making cards, I have participated in a lot of challenge blogs.  The challenge blogs always have what they want used to create along in their challenge (color theme, certain topic, their product, etc.)   Since I have gotten into Art Journaling, a whole new world has opened up for me with different medium products...working with Gesso, Texture Paste (which I was inspired by Susan to make my own), Paints, Gelatos, Stencils, just to name a few.  I have also began hand drawing objects, which is really a learning curve for me.

Thank you for allowing me to participate along in this Creative Blog Hop.  Thanks Susan for asking me :-)
And thanks for stopping by!


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this, Debbie, and hearing about your creative process. I always look forward to your posts and latest creations. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete