Homepage

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sunflowers & Sunflower Seeds



I have a friend who has a birthday coming up who loves sunflowers and sunflower seeds.
So I made this card and matching envelope for her.
I used light green cardstock...stamped on the sunflowers from Our Daily Bread Designs called Sunflowers - and I also stamped on a sunflower in the right side corner of the envelope.  This is the first envelope I have made, so I wasn't even sure how to make one.   I ended up taking a part an already made envelope and used that for my pattern.
I colored everything in with Promarkers...adding some green grass to the bottom of the card.
 I used this weeks Scripture Word Art from Word Art Wednesday, which is Psalm 37:3
I added some sunflower seeds in to a little bag and added the words Sunflower Seeds, which I printed out on my computer....used 3D foam to attach it, along with the Scripture Verse (which I distressed the edges of.)


I am entering this in to three challenges:
1. Twist of Faith Challenge #61 - Postcard/Card And Envelope/Packet

2. Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge #176 - No Ribbons or Lace

3. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #104 - Anything Goes 


7 comments:

  1. Oh, Deb, I just love this card with the sunflowers seeds included! How precious! And what a precious Scripture verse! What a beautiful and loving birthday card this is! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful birthday card, Deb!! I just love your sunflowers, the enclosed sunflowers, and the verse. I am sure your friend will love this. Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for blessing us with your inspiration for this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday! We love having you join us! We appreciate your support in using our scripture verse to adorn your pretty creation. Diane Noble WAW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea and one made to measure so to speak. This is just so adorable and I really like the colors you have used. We all appreciate you posting this beautiful art with us. PLEASE come back.
    Abundant Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, Debbie! It's always a blessing to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    I have BLOG CANDY!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you stopped by and joined us in our Card/Envelope theme at Twist of Faith. Such a thoughful and pretty card. Your friend is going to love it! Princess - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card and love the flowers!


    Thanks for joining us at the Twist of Faith Challenge--good luck this week. We hope to see you join us in future challenges too.
    Barb—DT

    ReplyDelete